Paul is a chartered member of CILIP and has worked in a range of information related roles, as a Web developer in an academic library (North East Wales Institute of Higher Education now Glyndŵr University, Wrexham) and currently as an E-Learning Librarian (University of Liverpool). Paul has also worked in Further & Higher Education as a sessional tutor/lecturer of IT and is an Associate of the Higher Education Academy. Paul’s research interests include educational applications of the World Wide Web, e-learning and Web accessibility. Paul has written a text on e-learning entitled Delivering e-learning for Information Services in Higher Education. Paul has written a range of articles, commentary and book reviews. Paul is an editorial board member of the Information for Social Change journal (http://www.libr.org/isc) – contributing articles and editorial work, and was a committee member of the Career Development Group Wales. Paul was also a UNISON Health and Safety officer & management appointed safety officer and holds NEBOSH in Occupational Health and Safety. Paul has been a Trades Union branch committee member for UNISON and most recently, UCU. Other recent activities have included book chapters on Web Accessibility for information systems in Knowledge Managment, Practical, Cultural and Theoretical Perspectives and a chapter on E-Learning in Higher Education in Digitisation Perspectives. Please see the publications page for a comprehensive list, including book publications such as Delivering E-Learning.
Paul’s research project has been registered for PhD and is being undertaken Part-Time, the project concerns student perceptions of distributed learning (combining class-based and online learning in a low-contact and professional study context).
- 1996-2000: Information services assistant at the North East Wales Institute, Wrexham (NEWI) academic library.
- 1999: BA in English Literature with Media Studies – NEWI (2:1).
- 2000: Masters degree in Library and Information Management – John Moores University (JMU), Liverpool (Distinction and the MCB Press award and JMU masters dissertation award).
- 2000-2009: Web (and e-learning) developer, NEWI.
- 2002 – 2003: CILIP Chartership / ILT Associateship (HEA Associate Practitioner).
- 2001-2003: Part-Time Lecturer (ICT), Deeside College of Further Education.
- 2005 – Present: Research Degree (PhD) – Manchester Metropolitan University (Part Time).
- 2009- Present: E-Learning Librarian, University of Liverpool.
- 2010-12 – Taught sessional modules at LJMU, Liverpool.
email: use my Web form.